May 4, 2017

April Lilli Design Team: Decorating a Traveler's Notebook insert


Yesterday Odessa showed her week in the life project on the April Lilli blog where she created a traveler's notebook insert using the Carta Bella collection Flora No. 1. If making a whole insert from scratch is intimidating to you, my idea might be just what you need.


I simply took a plain traveler's notebook insert and covered it with the Petunia Patch Garland paper, used a journaling card from the Rose Garden Journal Cards and some die cuts from the Ephemera Pack to decorate the cover. When I cover my inserts I usually cut two pieces of paper that are slightly smaller than the insert's width in order to leave a flexible spine. Then I glue the papers to the front and back and cover the gap at the spine with some washi tape. I have filmed a video where I show you my creative process:



I then went on to add some personality to the first page of my insert. It had the title "Bullet Journal" already printed inside and could definitely use a bit more decoration. So I used the Botanical A2 Background Stamp, inked it up partially and stamped it right underneath the title. It turned out exactly the way I had hoped for: no sharp edges, some parts darker and some parts lighter. I then added a little washi from my stash to layer one of the flower circles from the Ephemera Pack.

And voilà - I have my personalized insert that looks much more like me than the plain kraft cover and white title page.

No comments:

Post a Comment