November 30, 2017

November Cocoa Daisy Kit Fair Isle - 3 Layouts and 1 Project Life Spread

Before I am diving into the December Cocoa Daisy Kits, I want to share the projects that I made using the November kits. I was able to make three layouts and one Project Life spread. I have process videos that go along with each one of them, they are linked underneath each photo.


The November kits included a lot of winter and snow themed references and since we live in California where we usually don't get snow, they were a bit tricky to use. I decided to challenge myself and document our first encounter with snow from this past June. I added some more trees in a darker color using embroidery thread. This helped to create more depth and dimension on the layout. I also used Distress Oxides for a mixed media background. Instead of adding the color directly to the background, I used a scrap piece of cardstock to see whether I wanted the color behind the photos, but it looked so great that I decided to use the scraps as an actual layer. If you want to see the whole process here is my video on youtube: Scrapbooking Process: "shorts SNOW sunshine" * Cocoa Daisy * embroidery.


I created this layout for the Designers Inspiration on the Cocoa Daisy blog. It was a 1-2-3-4 challenge with the challenge to use 4 different patterned papers from the kit. I used 1 acrylic piece, 2 photos, 3 trees (and hearts and stars), and as the challenge suggested 4 patterned papers. I really loved the patterned paper background but needed a space to create my photo cluster on, so I used gesso to tone down the brightness of the paper, then build my layout on top of that.Scrapooking Process: "Gather Together" 1-2-3-4 challenge.

This layout is all about me. I created it for my introduction blogpost over on the Cocoa Daisy blog. I used a go-to layout style of mine. But added five things about me to the background. Each one starts at one of the stars. I handlettered part of the title. The layers behind the photos consist of packaging and pocket cards. It's hard to see but I sewed white journaling lines all over the layout. Here is the link to youtube: Scrapbooking Process: "Du hast nen Vogel * Cocoa Daisy.



I am still catching up on my Project Life 2016 and I love that I can fill up my album slowly with the Cocoa Daisy Memory Keeping pocket kits. For this spread I only used the pocket kit, I love the challenge of making one kit work without pulling in too much stuff from my stash. Here is the process: Project Life Scrapbooking Process: Week 48/2016 * Cocoa Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment