January 31, 2017

April Lilli Design Team: Winter Wonderland.


This is my last and final layout that I made with the Winter Wonderland collection for the month of January. Even though I only needed two projects, I couldn't stop creating. This photo doesn't really have a story, I just liked the colors and the atmosphere it conveyed. But then I found the perfect journaling which simply reads: "Alright, sometimes even I can see the beauty of Winter."

I fussy cut the title from one of the cutapart sheets and felt that it needed something to sit on top. So I went with the last bits of my favorite paper and added a strip to the bottom of the layout. I nestled one of the die cuts right underneath the title. To frame the layout I added a thinner strip to the top.


For this layout I slapped some acrylic paint on an 8.5x11 piece of cardstock, simply because I didn't know how this would turn out and I didn't want to waste anything. I used a dry, wide flat brush and just put the colors straight onto the cardstock. I love that you can see the brush strokes so well. Then I put my photo on several layers of patterned paper. I used the red paper twice because I loved how the red helps to bring out the colors in the photo.


I added one of the embellishment clusters to the right of the photos and one on the top left corner. I used all of the snowflakes that were included in the collection's cardboard stickers as well as fussy cut some from various patterned papers. To ground the embellishment cluster at the top I used parts of two tags. As on most of the layouts I made with this collection, I added some enamel dots to finish out the layout.

And if you want to see all of these layouts up close and personal, I just posted a layout share on my youtube channel here: Winter Wonderland Layout Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment