May 6, 2017

iNSD challenge: S T R E T C H your sketch


I am hosting a challenge for (inter) National Scrapbooking Day over on the Scrap Gals Community facebook group today. There is lots to participate: challenges every hour from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, lots of chit chat and scrapbooking and fun. Come over and join us! I love using sketches as a starting point for my layouts and so I thought it would be fun to use sketches for the challenge. Here is what I came up with!

Challenge: S T R E T C H your sketch


My challenge for you is to take a sketch and use it to create a layout in your Traveler's Notebook! That's all there is to it. Now, I know not everyone is as obsessed with Traveler's Notebooks as I am and that is why I challenge you to stretch your sketch in other ways:
In case you are a very literal scrapbooker stretching a sketch might simply mean to turn the sketch 90° to the left or the right or even flipping it upside down. Stretching your sketch could mean to transfer a rectangular 8.5x11 sketch to a 12x12 format or stretching it out onto a double page layout. It could also mean to use a sketch to create a journaling card or a greeting card. But what do you do if you find the perfect sketch in the perfect size and there is nothing to stretch? Well, then I invite you to stretch your sketch by limiting your supplies: use only journaling cards to create all the elements on the page, for example. Or do not use scissors and a paper trimmer if you are obsessed about straight edges and right angles. Add a challenging stretch to your sketch!


I hope this sounds like fun for you! I was so excited to create my very first Traveler's Notebook layout based on this sketch. And I even managed to create a card based on the same sketch. I filmed a video so if you want to scrap with me, let's do this together! I will be out at my sons' Baseball games today, but I hope to come back later this afternoon and try my hand at one or two of the ideas mentioned above.

Ressources: Where do I find sketches?

There are several ways to find sketches on the internet: pinterest is a great souce, then there are specific sketch websites that publish sketches. Kitclubs also often post sketches for their customers as well as online stores. I have gathered several websites for you to check out. Please note! This is not a complete list, just the sites I know from the top of my head.
I hope you join me in this fun challenge and play along! Please share your creations! I would love to see what you create and cheer you on along the way! There will be a special share thread in the Scrap Gals Community facebook group. But if you share elsewhere, leave a comment here with a link to your video or blogpost or tag me on instagram! Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment