August 11, 2017

"Tomato Sandwich" Stuck?! Sketches


You all know how I love a good sketch - I sometimes even use them in my Traveler's Notebook. Earlier this year when I did some research for my challenge for iNSD, I came across the Stuck?! Sketches blog and found that those sketches really appealed to me. So when I saw the Design Team Call this week, I knew I needed to try out. So here is one part of my application: I am using one of the August sketches and working with it.


I am still working with Amy Tangerine's "On A Whim" collection for my Scrap Friday series on youtube, there are several layouts left from my layout selection and these two photos were perfect for the sketch. Instead of cutting them apart, I left them right next to each other and just started working. As you can see from the sketch above I mirrored the sketch so that my son would look into the page.


I created three embellishment clusters as suggested in the sketch using flair buttons as the focal points in the clusters surrounding the photo. When creating clusters I try to repeat the different elements in each of the clusters. The three clusters help to guide the eye across the page. Starting at the top left hand corner, your eyes move across the photo.


And automatically stop at the heart flair. Can you see how my son seems to look at it? Yeah, I placed it there on purpose.


When I received the Thickers with the whole collection from April Lilli, I did not think the alphas would go well with the papers and was very reluctant to use them. I was wrong, I used them twice already and totally love how they work on this layout. And now, just in case you made it down to the end of this long blogpost, there is a process video on youtube, where I tell you more about my design choices.

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. Like the CAS style and all the pretty details! Thanks for joining Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, loved watching your process and that you added in journaling!! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simone this is fantastic! I love the unexpected of the title, the layers behind your photos, the flair! The thin black grid as a back drop really tie it all together! Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute page! Love all the details you added. Thank you for joining us at Stuck Sketches. Ashley Smith

    ReplyDelete