The past three Fridays I have been working with the Cocoa Daisy "Under the Sea" kits from June 2017. I beefed up my kit with some items from the freckled fawn July kits. I found out that they offer the items that are in their monthly kits as an individual purchase, so I splurged and got the amazing vellum alphabet stickers, some labels and chipboard stickers that in my opinion went perfectly well with the Cocoa Daisy kit. Here are the three layouts that I created and also links to the process videos.
The first layout was loosely based on this September 1 Stuck?! Sketches sketch. I wanted to use those tags that were included in the kit but they were just too big to be placed where the sketch suggested. So I had this idea and thought it was brilliant. I cut the paper in two pieces, created a pocket behind the page and then reassembled the paper. Lately, I have been enjoying combining different alpha stickers and creating fun titles, it seems to be a thing because there will be another fun, long title layout in this post. To find out more about my thought process here is the link to my video.
Then I created this "Summer Seifenblasen" layout. I wanted to incorporate three photos and struggled quite a bit until I realized that they did not have to be the same size. After that "aha"-moment, things came together quite easily. I was surprised how easily the leftover items from the Cocoa Daisy planner kits worked on the layout. I had never really considered using planner stuff for scrapbooking and just dumped all my matching items in my box. And then I constantly reached for them, so it was well worth the dump. I am definitely going to do that again moving forward. Here is the process video for this layout.
And finally another fun playful title. I found it on a journaling card that I used as a layering piece behind one of my pictures. I loved the background paper with the blue circles so I decided to repeat the pattern by using some texture paste with a dot stencil and blue watercolors. I then created my photo cluster on top of the dried mixed media so that only tiny bits would be visible. After I had a basic idea of the photo cluster, I worked on my title that I tried to nestle close to the photo cluster. If you want to see how this layout came together, check out my process video.