January 15, 2018

"Bärenweihnacht" - Stuck?! Sketches


I had so much fun working on Christmas-themed layouts during these past two months. And combining them with the amazing sketches from Laura was exactly the right amount of Christmas scrapbooking and left enough room to work on other non-Christmas projects. For this sketch of the January 15, 2018 challenge for Stuck?! Sketches I was able to try yet more new things.


If you watch the video that is linked down below, you can see me making some pretty rookie mistakes. That's why it was so hard to take a picture of the finished layout because it wouldn't lay flat. I stayed very close to the sketch and only changed minor details. During the past weeks I have been greatly inspired by Missy Whidden, so I had to use some mists and gold thread on my layout. But let me tell you, it looks much easier to make the perfect thread nests than it actually is. The thread would always untangle before I was able to stick it underneath a layer.


Here is a closeup of the labels and word strips that I piled upon the title. I felt something was needed to balance the layout and connect the top embellishment cluster with the title. Since I used the big star as a focal embellishment in the bottom cluster, I repeated the star theme along the stitched circle at the top left side.


And finally, here is a look at the right embellishment cluster that I changed after I filmed the video. I had found the deer after I considered the layout done. When taking off the other die cut, I accidentally ripped the star so I needed to add more layers in order to cover the mistake. To finish the layout I added some more splatters of the two Shimmerz mists that I had used: Coloringz - Chocolate Brownie and Vibez - Glorious Day. If you order from their website don't forget to mention my name in the comments to receive a surprise gift with your order.

Here is a link to my video on youtube where you can see how this layout came together. Please make sure to check out the Stuck?! Sketches blog and have a look at all the other layouts by the Design Team. We would love for you to play along and link your layout to the link up to win some lovely prizes!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome layout, love the stacked labels! This looks like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete