February 15, 2018

"We had such a blast" - Stuck?! Sketches


Oh the doilies on the sketches ... there is another one here on this sketch for the February 15, 2018 challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches. I love this sketch - it is such a great way to feature one special photo prominently on a page. And that's exactly what I did.


You know I couldn't use a doily, so I replaced it liberally with mixed media and a free heart cut file from Paper Issues (unfortunately I wasn't able to locate it in their store). That's the great thing about sketches, you do not have to take them literally, the doily simply suggests a "something behind the main photo cluster that sticks out unevenly on multiple sides". And that's exactly what my mixed media background does too. I scrapbooked a photo from the photo booth at my sister's wedding. Originally, I wanted to make a lovey-dovey layout for my husband, but somehow that story didn't really go with the crazy layout and so I decided to document the wedding instead. And I think that was the right decision.


I used Shimmerz Vibez and Inklingz to create the background using the packaging technique and then decided to leave the cut file white in order for it to be visible on the page but still take a back seat. I was debating filling the hearts with patterned paper but then quickly decided against it in order for more of the pretty colorful background to be seen.


This close-up of one of the embellishment clusters shows how all the different layers complement each other and add to the beautiful texture of the page. I really love this specific part of the layout, especially because I was able to use that holographic unicorn on the page. When I purchased the ephemera pack I wasn't sure about if I would even use any of them. And then I get to use one on the very first layout that I made using the beautiful "Glitter Girl Collection" by Shimelle.

Here is a link to my video on youtube where you can see how this layout came together. Please make sure to check out the Stuck?! Sketches blog and have a look at all the other layouts by the Design Team. We would love for you to play along and link your layout to the link up to win some lovely prizes!


1 comment: