October 26, 2018

"Best Family Photo Ever" Layout | Sketch


My friend Suzanna is a member of The Scraproom Design Team and created a sketch for their October Jumpstart Sketch Challenge. So I decided to participate and I'm so glad I did. I had completely forgotten how much I enjoy working from sketches. The photos were taken last year at our elementary school's Fall Festival where they had a Halloween photo booth. I used papers from Pebbles Inc. as well as some new items from the Elle's Studio October release.


I layered some of the embellishments behind the photo and then staggered them in height, I love how it looks. The spider repeats on of the motifs from the banner, connecting both parts of the layout. The same idea goes for the wood veneer banner. By placing the little witch die cut all the way in the background -even partly behind the photo- I was able to make one of the cute die cuts work.


If you've seen my layouts, you know that I usually don't use wood veneer, but these Halloween themed wood veneer just jumped into my cart when I shopped at Elle's Studio. So I made it my mission to use them on this layout and it couldn't have worked better: this cat just fits right next to the photo and walking on one of the paper strips from the bottom of the page.


If you want to hear all about my thought process and why I placed cards and embellishments the way I did, please check out the process video on my process video on youtube.

Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment