October 22, 2018

"He is a Reader now" Layout | Shimmerz Education Team


This month the Shimmerz team chose one color to use on their project and I picked Shimmerz Coffee. I love the hue of this brown, sparkly shimmerz and since I already knew the photo I wanted to document I also knew this color would be a perfect fit. Somehow my project ended up being a layout in colors very suitable for the season but not at all revolving around the typical Fall topics. And I'll tell you that I couldn't be happier about it! It turned out perfectly!


I used various different free cut files from the Paper Issues store and only cut the pieces that I liked most. I resized, turned and cut pieces out of the files. I also placed different patterned papers on my cutting mat - all of this was a first for me and not everything turned out the way I envisioned it. But what I noticed again and again, if you never try you won't find out if you would actually be successful. This was a great start. I cut leaves from white cardstock as well as patterned paper. The white leaves were then colored using the Shimmerz Coffee as well as some other Shimmerz colors but spreading the color onto some packaging an dipping the leaves in the paint. I absolutely love how they turned out. If you have never tried this, I highly recommend the technique. It is very easy and since the color doesn't cover all parts equally you already have a great color variation just like that!


I then layered some paper at the top, placed my photo and created two vines of leaves coming off both sides of the photo. The open space that I created with these branches, I then used for my long title as well as my journaling. Before I added the vines and the title I added paint splatters to the background, it felt very odd to have a plain white background with piles of mixed media leaves and torn paper stacked on top. The splatters made it look messier and therefore it all blended well together.



Here is a link to my process video on youtube. If you place an order in the Shimmerz Store, don't forget to mention my name Simone in the comments at checkout to receive a free mini surprise product! Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Shimmerz - COFFEE, So Sappy, Wisteria Lane, Pink-O de Mayo
Inklingz - Miner, Miner 49er, French Twist

No comments:

Post a Comment