November 12, 2018

"Bay Area Crop" Layout | Shimmerz Education Team


Hi Shimmerz friends, it's Simone again with another 12x12 layout. This month for the Shimmerz color challenge I picked Shimmerz "Pink-O de Mayo". I love the light pink tone of this shimmerz and also that it would work so great for cold, snowy winter layouts. However, here in the San Francisco Bay Area it cools down, but never enough for snow. So I decided to scrapbook something else instead. In September I went to my first scrapbooking crop and met some of my online friends for the very first time. I had such a great time and this layout tries to capture that feeling. I love how it turned out!


I prepped my background with white gesso and then used the Dazzlerz "Foiled Again" and a stencil by Tim Holtz to create a textured background behind the area of my photo. Look how amazing this looks. The "Foiled Again" is so sparkly, I just love it! On top of that I added the my colors and I have to admit, I just couldn't use only ONE color. I had to add some Coloringz "Pink Stiletto" as well as Shimmerz "Teal the end of time"- I just love when I can use two or more colors and create so many different shades. That's what makes using mixed media so much fun. I used a brush and the trusty packaging technique to add my color and then created the layout on top of that.


In some areas, I went back in with a brush and the paint to add even more color after I had created all the different layers in my layout. But somehow it still felt flat. I decided to just accept that when I stumbled across phrase stamps while I was grabbing my date stamp. Well, that was just the answer and when I saw the phrase "be adventurous", I grabbed my ink pad and added stamping to the background. Don't you think that it rounds off the layout perfectly?



Here is a link to my process video on youtube. If you place an order in the Shimmerz Store, don't forget to mention my name Simone in the comments at checkout to receive a free mini surprise product! Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Shimmerz - PINK-O DE MAYO, Teal the end of time
Coloringz - Pink Stilettos
Dazzlerz - Foiled Again

No comments:

Post a Comment