November 23, 2018

"Love your tribe" Layout | sketch


I loved creating my Halloween layout using Suzanna's sketch from The Scraproom, so I decided to play along in November as well. The sketch can be found in the November JumpStart Sketch Challenge on TSR blog. I created my own kit using papers and embellishments from my stash.


The sketch called for an embellishment cluster at the top of the page and I decided to repeat the labels as well as a word strip to repeat elements on the page. I find that repeating similar elements helps tremendously in making a page look cohesive and intentional.


By overlapping the foam words that create the title with different elements on the page -in this case the photo and the different patterned papers or placing the word sticker on the seam of two different patterned papers= I am able to connect the items and let them appear as a unit.


If you want to hear all about my thought process and why I chose certain papers and embellishments and see me struggle, please check out the process video on my process video on youtube.

Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment